I finished watching Cyber City OEDO 808 this weekend and watched the four eps of Petshop of Horrors. I re-watched the first ep of Fruits Basket (saw it first during Anime Club) during lunch today.
I liked the graphic style and colour choices of CCO808. The main colour palette is a variety of medium to dark blues, black and white, a few skintones and a striking Xmas red. Some nice lighting effects occur. The charas are interesting enough you would like to know more backstory. Except for Benten, no pretty boys are around (Is Benten really male?). The faces have character and most of them are relatively ugly men, which helps with believability. I kept expecting the cast from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex to have walk-ons. The two universes could blend well together.
I had seen the first Petshop of Horrors ep during Anime Club. The other three were also close enough to the manga to be satisfying. Nice visuals with a touch of cg and deliciously dark and twisted.
Count D's seiyuu's name sounded familiar: Toshihiko Seki - so I looked up the man. Imagine my surprise when I discovered the soft-spoken D was also the gruff growly Genjo Sanzo (Saiyuki), Riki (Ai no Kusabi), Watari (Yami no Matsuei), Duo (Gundam Wing), Iruka (Naruto), as well as a LONG list of many others!
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*